•improves your sense of balance and coordination.
•Regular practice will improve your focus and your ability to concentrate in all areas of your life,
•particularly during those times when you might normally feel “off-balance.”
•stretches the thighs, groins, torso, and shoulders.
•builds strength in the ankles and calves, and tones the abdominal muscles.
•helps to remedy flat feet and is therapeutic for sciatica.
•teaches the benefits of a meditative state of mind.
•Teaches how you can bring calm focus and clear-headedness to all situations.
1. Stand straight with your feet together.
2. Bring your weight onto your left foot, feeling the ground with your left foot as you prepare to balance.
3. Pick up your right foot. Bend your right leg, placing the sole of your right foot on the inside of your left thigh, or calf. (Not against knee.)
4. Press your right foot into your left thigh/calf as you stretch upward.
5. Raise your arms above your head once you have your balance, shoulder-width apart, with your palms facing together. Keep your shoulders down.
6. Practice until you can hold the yoga pose comfortably for one minute.
7. Repeat, this time standing on the right foot and lifting the left.
Have FUN practicing Tree Pose this week!