Connie Mah, the director of Yogafun, has been specialising in schools for the last five years. With a gymnastics coaching background since she was fifteen years old – empowering teenagers and children through body/self awareness and conditioning has been a lifelong passion. Customizing yoga/pilates programs for specific school requirements and delivering interactive classes with adolescents is a well-mastered art. There’s nothing more rewarding to see how teenagers grow to understand themselves better through their posture and how they treat themselves physically and emotionally. The key is to relate to teenagers with the issues that they face in everyday life, through their eyes. When they learn more about their strength, their unlimited potential in their bodies as well as their visions – they grow stronger as confident achievers in all that they put their minds to. Now that’s pretty amazing to be a part of – to make a difference to our leaders of tomorrow.
Some programs delivered at schools over the years are:
- Year 10 Human Movement
- VCE Sports Psychology
- VCE & Junior/Mid school Physical Ed program – tailored to each year level
- Personal Development program
- Wellness Day & PD days for teachers
- Incursions & excursions
- Physical Ed within curriculum
- Extra-curricular activities ie. Before/after school & lunchtime classes
- VCE Stress Management
- Sports-specific Fitness/Wellness programs -incl. Snowsports, Athletics, Dance, Golf, Cross-Country
Some schools we have delivered to are:
- Xavier College
- St Leonards College
- Yeshivah College
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College
- Star of the Sea
- Bentleigh Secondary College
Our Yogafun calendar is filling very quickly for Term 4 and 2010!
Teachers Book Now for next year’s AASC, Sports Training, Phy Ed and Personal Development programs – to avoid missing out!